maanantai 25. maaliskuuta 2013

Days 184-185: SF on romance, part 2


24-25032013



This post is a specific continuation to:

And a part of a longer series:

-- Consequences in relationships --

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a secret desire for my romantic fantasies to come true in the physical reality because I perceived and believed that the energy I experienced when imagining the fantasy situations would be “at it's maximum” if it was brought to actual situations and that the desire would through that be “fulfilled”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold onto this desire because the society surrounding me supported and encouraged this and showed me many examples of success (ideal images) and hushed all the failures (real life).

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect everyone to know that this romantic ideal of relationships is what everyone wants, needs, desires and requires, and thus expect my partners to “know what I want” without me communicating about it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to turn bitter when my partners have not given me the romantic gestures I expected them to according to the relationship ideal.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect people I have been interested in to show me romantic gestures even though I have never even communicated my interest towards them out of shyness, because they “ought to know” I am interested. [Okay, this is a point of its own related to communication, will elaborate separately.]

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, in my bitterness towards my partners for not showing me the “special attention” I desired to be shown as romantic gestures, to blame them for being “inconsiderate” and to blame myself for being “undesirable”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not communicate my disappointment to and with my partner and thus with the suppression turn it into bitterness and further into frustration which accumulated to such an extent that I started looking for the “special attention” and “special approval” from other people – in other words, created the desire to cheat.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, when and as I have been discontent with my relationship to another because it did not match the romantic relationship ideal I had set up in my mind, to start looking for compensation from other people by looking for “better options” instead of facing, addressing and discussing the actual core problem with my partner.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can escape the cause of my frustration in relationships by treating the symptoms and fulfilling my desires by whatever means, not realizing that as long as the cause persist the symptoms will resurface over and over again.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to compare my relationships in the physical reality to the relationship ideal in my mind reality, not realizing that the ideal in my mind is not stable but a constantly changing and morphing image that changes every time I seem to achieve it, not realizing I am chasing an illusion and never stopping to look at what is actually HERE to be worked with.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that to compare the physical and the mental is to compare two completely different realities and different worlds and that this comparison is thus unfair as it does not consider the differences in between and the fact that they are thus incomparable as the same laws don't apply within both.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to ignore what is here (relationships) in favour of illusions (ideals) as I have perceived life to be “boring” and rather enjoyed my inner reality.

--

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself in my teenage years to react with revulsion to romantic gestures, words, phrases, gifts and images I came across in media or in the people surrounding me, blaming the romance I saw to be “idiotic” and “stupid” and thinking less of the people involved - thus rejecting myself as I actually secretly craved for romance and refusing to see that I was actually covering up with aggression my sadness for not having any romance.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear seeing the desire for romance in me because I recognized romance to be irrational and dishonest and didn't understand how/why it came up in me even though I didn't think it to be valuable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself within this fear to feel ashamed for desiring romance and suppress the desire.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to turn my desire into bitterness and jealousy as I suppressed the desire and shamed myself for having it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see another being having some romantic thing in his/her life and instantly compare myself to this person and see that I “lost” in terms of having / not having romance – and that I have turned my feeling of inferiority into aggression and blame, casting the responsibility of my unhappiness on those who were happy and bringing them down by mocking, ridiculing and belittling them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not carry responsibility for my own unhappiness but instead blame it on those who appeared to “have it all” - all the things I desired – as if the happiness of another would reduce my chances of happiness.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize it is my responsibility to carry the consequences of my own accepted and allowed beliefs and perceptions – in this case, the unhappiness that was the result of me having a distorted view on relationships.

--

Here I am stopping to wonder how much I can actually claim responsibility for the things I had learned by the time I was a teenager, which in my eyes is still a child. I had not learned to question everything, I had not learned to test things by myself – I had learned to trust without question, to believe what you're told and to follow the “big guys” (parents, teachers, siblings, friends – any and all safe authorities in a big and scary world) because apparently everyone else knew better and it would be according to my best interest to do as I'm told with little to no reasoning provided. I am responsible for each and every action I committed in my childhood and teenage years – but am I responsible for the creation of the “me” who I was back then – the “me” who made the decisions to act? What's my share in this?

Another thing I wish to clarify mainly for myself: I am now not going through the desire to be in a relationship but the desire to live within and as an image of romance, specifically charged with the feeling of “being special” to someone and experiencing something “meaningful”; elevation, glorification, exclusive love targeted only towards “that special someone” and all the cliche-fulled images that serve this purpose. This is a result of our visually oriented culture that filters the reality into movie-like images and snapshots.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to live within and as images because the energetic charge involved has felt so good.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to live within and as images in spite of the physical reality, disregarding my responsibility as an equal and one participant of this reality to utilize my limited time and capacity for building the physical reality into a better place for all – and instead believing it to be justified to want to escape the reality into a cozy exclusive VIP place of a romantic relationship, thus turning my back on the world that requires the participation of everyone for anyone to live a happy life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify the desire to live as the energies of “love”, “happiness”, “joy”, “fulfillment” and “peace” by bringing the romantic images, visions and fantasies into physical existence with the belief that human beings “require comfort” in a world that is this messed up.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that comfort – being told “it's alright” - is what I require when I face adversity, not realizing that comfort is not the equivalent of actual support that would help me see what's actually going on, how I'm responsible for the situation and how I can move myself out of it and implement change and development.

  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize it is not valid to state “it's alright” in a world where things are definitely not alright, because even if things were “alright” from the perspective of the individual, the rest of the world that is not alright will affect the individual sooner or later.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that these romantic visions, images, ideals and fantasies are all based upon the search for comfort and security from outside of oneself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fantasize about being rescued from danger because I would then not have to carry myself, stand within myself and direct myself but could rely on “someone else” to carry me for me – not realizing that with these fantasies I've satisfied my need to have security, stability and comfort in my life – which are all things I have lacked for most of my life as I have not built them within myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not face my insecurity, instability and discomfort and realize I am the cause of them as I am the one who creates my inner experience, and that I am thus responsible for bringing them into my life and nobody else.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to purposefully place myself within these fantasies in an inferior position where I live as less than my potential because through that I did not have to carry myself, not realizing the extent of the consequences that come with creating a self-image of inferiority and believing it to be somehow “beneficial”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fantasize about a person of interest showing their affection towards me because I have been unwilling to communicate my interest and having the other one do it first would release me of the responsibility to move through my resistance to communicate. [I'm going to elaborate on the communication points separately.]

--

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live as cynicism and believe all actions that fit into the category of “romantic gestures” (all that I have interpreted to be such) to be dishonest and based on self-interest, not realizing that I do not know what the purpose of the other actually was (unless communicated) and that it could have just as well been an act of expression of compassion and care – and I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to thus always judge a person committing a “romantic gesture” to be dishonest because I have learned from my society that these specifically profiled “romantic gestures” are usually motivated by sexual desire.

Nevertheless,
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire for “romantic gestures” and give them myself in spite of the rest of the world and in ways that are even harmful to others (i.e. flowers: 1, 2, 3, 4).

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not consider that which is best for all but to hold my momentary pleasure more important than the well-being of everyone.

--

It seems that the more I write about this the more confused I become. Oh well. This point is either way more vast than I have thought or I have been trailing on some side paths all along. Tomorrow I will continue with the communication point, which is a Big One. Lol, see how I make this more difficult for myself already? What I mean by that is that communication issues are one of the fundamental points of who I have been for all of my life – one major monster at the core of most of my issues. Walking this point will be a challenge most welcome and necessary.

--

When and as I see myself wanting/desiring/craving for a “romantic gesture” (beautiful words, gifts, acts of kindness) – I stop, I breathe and I bring myself back into the physical reality from the mind reality by focusing on my breath for as long as I feel stable. I realize that these “romantic gestures” are often wanted/desired/craved for because they present an image that is charged with a specific kind of energy. I look at that which I was wanting/desiring/craving for to see if there is an image (a movie-like scene) that I am reaching for and I ask myself what this image fulfills; what is the “lack” that it “fixes”? I then forgive myself for whatever I find and move on – and if my practical application fails and/or wavers, I investigate the point in writing to see what I have missed.

I commit myself to investigate what it is to “express one's love” in real practical actions.

I commit myself to investigate the concept of “meaningfulness”.

I commit myself to stop judging those involved with romantic actions and instead see, realize and understand that when I judge I cast blame on others of things I have not forgiven myself for.

I commit myself to return to this post in a few days to see if I find more clarity on what I wrote about here, because I have found it to be of assistance to have a step back, do something else and have another look when in doubt of one's writings.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti