tiistai 19. maaliskuuta 2013

Day 179: The attraction fallacy


19032013

http://turningpage.deviantart.com/art/Happy-up-here-119341311
This post is a continuation to:
Day 178: Separation of genders


“You cannot trust a single thing you feel, and certainly – you cannot trust your thoughts or backchat. So – you are going to have to directly direct every breath and walk through every fear, every resistance. Realising, that: what you can be, is a matter of you programming you to be that, and that everything in your system has been set up against it.”


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in attraction by believing it to be real because it feels so big, powerful and overwhelming.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to trust my feeling of attraction to be real because the feeling overrides everything else within my experience as if nothing else exists.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not stop and question my feeling of attraction because it feels good and I want to hold on to all positive feelings.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify my actions with attraction as if it was valid to base one's decisions on feelings – not realizing that feelings (as well as emotions) are movements of the mind and not movements of the physical (even though they eventually manifest as physical sensations within the physical body) and that it is not valid to base actions in the physical with something that does not actually exist in the physical.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify obsession with attraction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify dependency with attraction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify abuse with attraction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify helplessness with attraction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to completely lose myself as a result of participating in attraction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when and as I am attracted to someone I am actually drawn to the points/qualities which I perceive the other to possess and myself to lack.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when and as I participate in attraction I see these qualities in another and choose to magnify and glorify them as something “beyond me”, believing them to be something I can never reach and that the other is something “more than me” for possessing them, thus expecting the other to live as these qualities so that I wouldn't have to.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when and as I participate in attraction I live as helplessness as I abdicate my responsibility to find, investigate and work on the qualities which I lack at the moment and instead expect others to represent these qualities for me in my life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to demand another to remain present in my life because of the points/qualities they represent to me, as I believe that without this person my life would be “incomplete” as I refuse to find these points/qualities in myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that as I expect another to live as certain qualities in my life I create a relationship of dependency where if the other person leaves I will be left without a complete base structure for my living – for example, if I perceive another to have “wisdom” and make myself reliant on the “wisdom” of another, never living as “wisdom” myself but always expecting and demanding the other to utilize their “wisdom” when necessary, I make myself lack “wisdom” when/as/if the other person disappears from my life and helpless at the face of situations where “wisdom” would be necessary.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when relationships are formed based on points of attraction an entity of co-dependency is created out of the participants where neither is able to live without the other – not seeing, realizing and understanding the crippling, diminishing and devastating effect this has on both as individuals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe it to be justified to lose oneself “into” another by projecting oneself through another and living as one entity with one will and one body because this image of the relationship entity where two melt into one has been glorified and “sold” to me ever since childhood in fairy tales, media, society structures and the example of my social surroundings – not realizing that when one integrates oneself to be a part of this relationship entity where two become one, one completely loses one's grip of the reality as it is not seen that this entity is completely imagined as two individuals cannot in fact become “one” in this physical existence and that this entity is entirely conceptual as it is created, believed, accepted, allowed, fed and upheld within the mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to glorify the relationship entity where two become one, not realizing that the reality of it is actually everything but admirable as it is the manifestation of helplessness, giving up and escapism.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand the escapism and self-interest in the act of turning one's back to the world so that one could shut oneself into the special private reality of the relationship entity where things consist of pleasure, comfort, love and all other positively charged sates of being.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that when a relationship is formed based on the glorification of each other's attraction points it is nothing but escapism.




When and as I try to justify actions with attraction, as if attraction was a valid reason for any decisions – I stop, I breathe and I realize attraction is energy that is here to bind me and imprison me. I realize that no form of energy is ever justified or necessary – energy is never valid, as it will always lead to it's polarity and feed off on me and everyone else. I realize attraction points me to a direction I need to look at in myself. I investigate the attraction points thoroughly in writing and I forgive myself for trying to replace what I lack with something external instead of working with and building the quality in myself. I then re-assess my relationship with the one I felt attracted to and ask myself: “What do we support in each other?”

I commit myself to no longer justify any actions with attraction as I see, realize and understand that the experience of attraction is an illusion I create in the mind and thus not a valid basis for actions in the physical reality.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti