sunnuntai 30. syyskuuta 2012

Day 7: "I want what you have"

28-29092012


Yesterday I noticed myself reacting to another with rejection, and it manifested as arrogance and irritation in the tone I spoke to her. I had just met her and we did assignments together on this language course I'm having. She appeared to me as hysteric, unstable and with an uncontrollable fear of failing. I now see and realize that as I reacted to her with rejection, what she represented to me is something I fear. The instability and restless behavior are a state of being I do not wish for myself; hysteria is not a constructive state to be in, and I see it to be another cycle of destructive energy.

--

What is hysteria? Out of curiosity and to clarify for myself, I dug up a definition.

Dictionary meaning: “exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement”, also “a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women”. “ORIGIN mid 17th cent. (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb,’ from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb), related to uterus .” [and then psychotherapy “healed” it with orgasms, lol]

--

I tried to let it go but the irritation resurfaced every time we interacted. I did not let myself stay within breath and now I fear I messed another person up by communicating in a way that is easy to interpret as judging. The interesting thing is, last week I had a similar situation with another student, but she didn't irritate me at all even though she was just as insecure and wearing obvious roles. Maybe I saw her to be “less” than me, whereas the student from yesterday I somehow perceived to be “more” than me? Her expression was outwards and seemed shameless even though unbalanced. Maybe it's her “insanity” or comfort (?) within that state I envy; something I see myself to be lacking. Activeness, expressiveness, extrovertedness, even though none of this may be real, even if she's acting from within the fear one is not “enough” if not active and thus pushes through by force. I reacted to what I perceived her to be, and the more I think about the situation, the more I see my perception to have been warped. I reacted to her because I saw her to “possess” that which I “do not have” (= limit myself from having), and it is not of relevance whether or not she actually has any of those qualities.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being “less” as I perceive another to be “more” and thus try to bring the other “down”, making them “less” through judgement and making myself “more” as the judger. I now see and realize there is no “more” or “less”, as the value of all is the exact same; we're all one and equal. I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is possible to be “more” or “less”, when in fact none of it is real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe one has to participate in the social game of statuses and values, where one either wins and “gets” to be ”more” or loses and “has” to be “less”. I now see and realize that if one wins and another loses, inequality persists through the participants who accept and allow this game to continue, as the winner will try to keep his status (fear of losing what he wants) and the loser will try change his (fear of not getting what he wants). I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in the social game and support its existence through my thoughts, words and actions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with fear to my perception of another, not stopping to breathe and realize the way I filter the information his/her presence offers is predetermined and automated and can never be used to see the entire truth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe my instant evaluation of another, not realizing it is not possible to get enough information of the other to know the other in a short period of time and exposure, such as seconds or minutes. I now see and realize it is also not just the way a person is but the actions he/she does that determine what the person is accepting and allowing themselves to be. I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe my hasty guesswork of another to be the reality or even a glimpse of reality, not realizing it is always just guesswork and may or may not be true; only the person him/herself knows what he/she is accepting and allowing him/herself to be.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react with fear and manifest it as offensive behavior when I see another being to “possess” qualities I'm not accepting and allowing myself to consider myself one and equal to. I now see and realize that as I react and attack another I'm actually attacking myself, as I am displeased and frustrated with myself for not accepting and allowing myself to be free, yet the discharge is still directed towards another and bears its consequences in this reality. I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to damage this reality as other beings by channeling the aggression towards myself on another being.



I commit myself to support and assist myself to face all beings as myself by staying here in breath, not accepting and allowing myself to wander back into the mind as images, words, judgement, fear, emotions and feelings. When and as I notice myself going back into the mind as images, words, judgement, fear, emotions or feelings I stop – I return to breath, take notice of what just happened within me as mind, self-forgive (or make a note to do it later asap) and let go – and then I can continue with whatever I was doing, even if it means I have to stop doing what I was doing and ask for a break if I have company.

I commit myself to treat myself with kindness and patience, reminding myself I am “enough” as I am, letting go of “more” and “less” within and as breath whenever they occur as images, thoughts, fears, emotions and feelings in my mind.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti