lauantai 8. maaliskuuta 2014

Day 392: Using weather as an excuse

08032014



This post is a continuation to:
Day 391: Winter depression


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel disconnected from life during winter.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to ignore the manifestations of life around me during winter, as I have focused on the lack of what I have labeled as “life” instead of focusing on what is actually here.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that I need to work with the reality that is here at the moment in order to best support myself to truly live within and as life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to ignore the manifestation of life that is myself when during winter my surroundings have not supported my idea of “life”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to make a deal with myself that when the winter gets nice and cold and pretty (usually the temperature here drops enough for it to be a beautiful winter for a while) I will start taking walks outside and thus connecting with nature and giving myself exercise – not realizing that because the weather is unpredictable, this “deal” might never come to happen, making this bargaining with myself unreliable. [We ended up having a really sucky winter here, bad weather and no snow.]

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify giving in to discomfort of taking walks outside when the weather is cold, dark and wet by thinking that I'll go out when the weather gets better.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that making “if, then” deals with myself regarding my physical well-being is not reasonable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not support myself to push through the discomfort of exercising and being in nature when the weather is “bad”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define “bad” weather according to some uncomfortable childhood experiences where I have gotten cold and wet with no sense of control over the situation to comfort me. [For example, now as an adult I can reason out with myself that if I get wet, I can always eventually come home and change into dry clothes.]

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel helpless when my surroundings are physically uncomfortable, not realizing that I have the tools to both alleviate the discomfort by practical means and to walk myself through my feeling of discomfort.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to disregard the manifestations of life in nature during winter by choosing to not go out much, thus causing my sense of being “disconnected from life” myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to disregard the manifestations of life in other people by choosing to not go out much and rather stay at home due to seeking comfort, thus causing my sense of being “disconnected from life” myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use the weather as an excuse to not exercise.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use the weather as an excuse to not socialize.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use the weather as a justification to give in to my desire to remain within my comfort zone / my fear of facing discomfort.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that as I have created resentment towards certain weather conditions, facing those conditions within any activity is an act of stepping outside my comfort zone, which means that I need specific attention and care from myself when I face those conditions and expand beyond my current comfort zone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect myself to go jogging in “bad weather” and get disappointed in myself when I repeatedly failed to do so, not realizing that as both the conditions and the activity are such that I am still to some extent uncomfortable with and resent, I would need clear focus and awareness to be able to commit this set of actions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not fully support myself when and as I would have the opportunity to do something uncomfortable and expand myself, thus with my carelessness wasting the opportunity and building up self-disappointment.


  • I commit myself to take into consideration my remaining resentment towards jogging and certain weather conditions when and as I go out to exercise by giving myself enough time, dressing up properly, removing any distractions and focusing on giving myself attention.
  • I commit myself to exercise one moment at a time, one breath at a time.
  • I commit myself to use self-forgiveness to overcome mental barriers towards exercise.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the weather is not a valid reason to not go out unless it's raining fireballs or razorblades (lol) – unless the weather is actually directly harmful to human beings, which it rarely is here.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti